Connacht Rugby, the ARCB and the IRFU’s Referee Department are delighted to announce two upcoming events, a New Recruits Workshop for anyone who wishes to take up refereeing and an Affiliate Referees Course for coaches who may be asked to referee matches not covered by official ARCB referees.
NEW RECRUITS WORKSHOP
- 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 07/01/2018
- The Sportsground, Galway
Why become an ARCB referee?
- Stay Involved – keeps you involved with the game as an alternative to playing
- Social – the social aspect of rugby is renowned, it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends
- Fitness – it is a fantastic way to keep fit. The IRFU have the highest level of expertise in this area
- Travel – the higher level you reach, the more involvement you will have in Europe, PRO14 and the UBL
- The Club – referees are ‘a club within a club’ who meet regularly for meetings. There’s a great team spirit
- Ambition – could you referee an international match? There is huge room for growth
- Tickets – referees are allowed to apply for international and provincial match tickets
Both these components require online registration with the World Rugby Training Passport portal. On completion you should print your certificate. This is important, as you will need to provide the printed certificate to attend the New Recruits Workshop.
AFFILIATE REFEREES COURSE
- 19:00 – 21:00
- Thursday 11/01/2018
- Castlebar RFC, Mayo
Why become an Affiliate Referee?
It is IRFU Policy that all matches from U13 upwards are refereed by either Branch Referees (ARCB) or Club & School Affiliate Referees. Club & school affiliate referees are not ARCB referees, they are club or school members who are qualified to referee matches involving their own club or school where no ARCB referee is available or has not been appointed.
Affiliate Referees usually referee underage games and provide an important function in servicing the game at this level in their club or school.
Both these components require online registration with the World Rugby Training Passport portal. On completion you should print your certificate. This is important, as you will need to provide the printed certificate to attend the Affiliate Referees workshop.
If you are interested in attending either event please contact Luke Murphy at [email protected] or +353 87 902 3890 before 12:00 Tuesday 2nd January.