Would you like to help shape the future of Irish Rugby? The IRFU Spirit of Rugby Programme is offering a new leadership development initiative for active volunteers involved in Age Grade and/or the women’s game who are interested in helping to shape the future of Irish Rugby.
The programme, which will offer modules on Self Learning, Authentic Leadership Under Pressure, Leading Teams and Leading Change will be offered across four weekends during the course of the 2018/19 season.
The aim of the programme is to support the development of next generation leaders who can reinforce the culture of volunteering and assist clubs in developing a ‘best practice’ approach.
There are 20 places available on this programme and successful candidates will be invited to interview the week of the 20th August. A short-listing process will be held to select applicants for interview.
The programme will take place in Johnstown House Hotel, Enfield, Co. Meath on the following dates:
- Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd September 2018
- Friday 19th & Saturday 20th October 2018
- Friday 18th & Saturday 19th January 2019
- Friday 15th & Saturday 16th February 2019
Friday start will be 7pm, and Saturday from 9am-4pm.
The closing date for applications is strictly 1pm on Friday 27th July 2018.
Spirit of Rugby: Leadership Development Programme
• Exploring who you are as a leader
• Your personal values and natural modus operandi
• What does performance leadership mean to you?
• Benefits of authenticity – how do you measure up?
• Developing your leadership coaching skills
Authentic Leadership Under Pressure
• Understanding the impact of pressure on behaviours and performance
• Understanding the effect of pressure in the way which you think and behave and how you can become more resilient as a leader – maintain high levels of performance for longer
• Personal branding – how do you communicate in an authentic manner and how do you maintain this under pressure
• Factors which enhance team performance
• How to meet the unique demands and needs of each individual to enhance team performance
• Identifying the fundamental stages of team development and how to fast track this
• Building effective relationships with stakeholders/support networks
• Empowering others to lead and follow in equal measure
• Understand people’s varying response to change
• Take theory into action and managing conflict
• Coaching and leading your team through change
• Choosing the right communication techniques
• Negotiating for win-win and developing productive partnerships