Sligo RFC

Sligo RFC is one of the oldest clubs in Ireland, having been founded in 1890. The club had the honour in 1896, of playing in the first Connacht Senior Cup game ever held in the province, when their opponents were University College Galway.

Trivia: The current Sligo RFC crest was updated in 2007 with the re-addition of the escallop shell which in the past was typically attached the the hare’s foot and is synonymous with Sligo (Shelly Place, as gaeilge). The original crest though was inspired by the Springboks crest from the late forties, and designed by Jack Regan.

Details

Address: Hamilton Park, Strandhill, Sligo

Grounds: Hamilton Park, Strandhill, Sligo

Colours: Jersey: Black with Yellow & Red side Stripe Shorts: Black Socks: Red, Black & Yellow hoops.

E-Mail: [email protected]

Website: www.sligorfc.ie

Contacts

Tony Heath

Mobile: 087 2439445
Email: [email protected]

Lorraine Kerins

Mobile: 086 2389189

Michael Storey

Mobile: 086 8195840

Shaune Glackin

Mobile: 086 63886164

Brian Mullan

Mobile: 087 22094362

Ken Browne

Mobile: 086 3750337

Conor Mitchell

John Kane

Mobile: 087 621 2414
E-mail: [email protected]

Delegate 1
Brian Roche

Mobile: 087 2752803
E-mail: [email protected]


Delegate 2
Jimmy Gavin

Mobile: 086 8708920
Email: [email protected]

Michael O’Hehir / John Davey

Mobile: 086 2459432 / 086 6776179

John Davey