Galwegians Women’s Rugby are looking for competent, enthusiastic and innovative coaches to join their team for the 2017/2018 season to ensure their cup-winning form continues and to cement their position in the upper echelons of the women’s club game in Ireland.
Galwegians Women’s team enjoys a long and illustrious history as one of Connacht and Ireland’s most dominant and consistent sides. The club has seen great success both nationally, provincially and internationally:
o All Ireland Cup Winners 2012, 2014 & 2016 (looking to complete the series with a 2018 win next season)
o Connacht Cup Winners 2016
o Six Galwegians players in the Ireland squad ahead of next month’s World Cup
o 12 Galwegians players on Connacht Rugby’s Interprovincial panel in 2016
The Galwegians senior squad compete in Division 1 of the All-Ireland League against the best teams in the country. Recent seasons have seen interest in women’s rugby grow and Galwegians were delighted to field a second team for the first time in 2014, competing in the Connacht Invitational Cup emerging as Plate winners in that competition.
August 2017 sees Ireland hosting the Women’s Rugby World Cup for the first time with the profile of the women’s game and playing numbers set to increase over the coming season.
Galwegians are seeking:
– An enthusiastic and committed rugby coach.
– Someone with great knowledge of the game with a desire and ability to impart that knowledge to new players.
– Success driven.
– Enjoy the craic of a rugby team environment.
The new coach will:
– Deliver engaging and beneficial training sessions throughout the season (two evenings a week from 7pm – 8.30pm)
– Attend 1st XV matches (and 2nd XV games when possible), providing team warm-up and strategic decision making during the match.
– Create and deliver a coherent and progressive seasonal training plan for the team.
– Give advice and direction to develop individual players.
– Provide impartial and insightful advice with team selection.
– Work with and develop a coaching team to aid players at all levels and abilities who fall outside of the 1st XV.
– Make training fun, challenging and beneficial to all.
Galwegians can provide:
– Modest remuneration
– A dedicated support team: Team Manager, Fixtures Secretary, Treasurer, Seconds Team Coach and a dedicated Club Director of Women’s Rugby.
– Assistance with attaining further role related qualifications
– Friendly, enthusiastic and coachable players
– Opportunity to work with international and Connacht representative players
– Opportunity to work with the only female AIL Division 1 team in Connacht
Desirable qualifications & experience:
– IRFU Stage 3 (or higher) Accredited Coach
– Coaching experience of a competitive team (Adult, Women’s or Youth)
– Strong leadership, communication, analytical, motivation and management skills.
Find out more about the team on their Facebook page here.
To apply, please contact Ruth O’Reilly on 086 8677423 or [email protected].