Club & Community Rugby Officer – Co. Sligo
Connacht Rugby is one of four professional rugby teams in Ireland playing in both the Guinness PRO12 and the European Champions Cup. We are currently inviting applications for the position of ‘Club & Community Rugby Officer’ in County Sligo.
The purpose of the position is to increase the numbers of people participating in rugby in County Sligo. The role will include working with local National and Secondary Schools to develop rugby and recruit participants.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
• Working towards agreed key performance indicators.
• Delivery of appropriate training sessions to National/Secondary Schools and Community groups in County Sligo.
• Introduction and development of a culture of playing rugby within participating schools and groups.
• Organisation and management of festivals and blitzes according to need.
• Organisation of weekly, monthly timetable with stakeholders.
• Available as a coach and player development resource to Sligo RFC on a needs basis and in consultation with line manager.
• Provision of up to date reports to Connacht Rugby management.
• Provision of photographs and reports to the Connacht Branch Administrator for inclusion on the Connacht Club and Community website.
• Develop programmes for socially excluded groups / young people at risk
• Submission of quarterly reports to the sports co-ordinator
• The ideal candidate will have a strong background in rugby and will have experience of coaching and/or playing the game.
• It is desirable for the candidate to have completed a minimum of an IRFU coaching course at Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3.
• Previous experience of coaching young people from the age of 7 to 18 is desirable.
• Previous experience of working/volunteering in a club, school or community environment is desirable
• A third level qualification in a sports related discipline would be beneficial.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
• Be extremely well organised.
• Conscientious and trustworthy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Full clean drivers licence and access to own transport.
Hours of Work:
The successful candidate will work for 32 hours per week. Working hours will not be fixed to a set timetable and will be carried out as needed in agreement with Connacht Rugby.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a Fixed Term Contract ending on 7th April 2017.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) supporting your application to email@example.com or by post to Sharon King, Connacht Rugby, The Sportsground, College Road, Galway
Closing date for applications is 21st October 2016 at 1.00pm.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.