Connacht Rugby would like to invite applications for the positions of Summer Camp Coaches, based across South Connacht.
Role and Purpose of the Positions:
The Summer Camp Coach role primarily is to help introduce children to the game of rugby in a safe and controlled manner while guiding the children through fun games and activities throughout the camp duration. The Summer Camp Coach will educate the children on the importance of physical fitness and assist in teaching them the basic rugby skills of passing, tackling, evasion and kicking.
Projects Officer and Rugby Participation Manager
Experience and Background:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in rugby and will have experience of coaching and/or playing the game.
- Rugby technical knowledge with some educational/ development experience desirable.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have completed a minimum of an IRFU coaching course at Stage 1.
- Previous experience of coaching young people from the age of 6 to 12 is desirable.
- Previous experience of working/volunteering in a club, school or community environment is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Capability to influence others positively.
- Be extremely well organised.
- Conscientious and trustworthy.
This position is being offered on a 4 to 8-week contract basis. The successful candidate will be based across South Connacht.
Please be aware that in order to apply for this position, you must currently be in possession of a valid EU Passport or have a permit to work in the EEA.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Friday, May 19.
Interviews will take place in Galway on Thursday, May 25.
Induction Training will take place early June.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.