Job Title – Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO)
The purpose of the position is to increase the numbers of people participating in rugby in Co. Roscommon and in particular Creggs RFC’s catchment area. The role will include working with local National and Secondary Schools to develop rugby and recruit participants and working towards growing the game in terms of community group and adult participation.
The Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC CCRO will be responsible for:
- Working towards agreed key performance indicators.
- Delivery of appropriate training sessions to National/Secondary Schools and Community groups in Co. Roscommon and Creggs RFC’s catchment area.
- Introduction and development of a culture of playing rugby within participating schools and groups.
- Organisation and management of festivals and blitzes according to need.
- Organisation of weekly, monthly timetable with stakeholders.
- Available as a coach and player development resource to Creggs RFC on a needs basis and in consultation with line manager.
- Provision of up to date reports to Connacht Rugby management.
- Provision of photographs and reports to the Connacht Branch Administrator for inclusion on the Connacht Club and Community website.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in rugby and will have experience of coaching and/or playing the game.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have completed a minimum of an IRFU coaching course at Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3.
- Previous experience of coaching young people from the age of 7 to 18 is desirable.
- Previous experience of working/volunteering in a club, school or community environment is desirable
- A third level qualification in a sports related discipline would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be extremely well organised.
- Conscientious and trustworthy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Full clean drivers licence and access to own transport.
Hours of Work:
The successful candidate will work for 32 hours per week. Working hours will not be fixed to a set timetable and will be carried out as needed in agreement with Connacht Rugby.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a Fixed Term 25 week contract from 9th January 2017 to 30th June 2017.
Please email your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter (of no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 5th December 2016 at 1.00pm.
This role is co-funded by Roscommon County Council are a key partner of this initiative.
Connacht Rugby is an equal opportunities employer.
To see the full job description click on the following link: co-roscommon-and-creggs-rfc-ccro-job-description